What is better than a room full of bloggers, amazing fitness pros and awesome fitness brands? Well, nothing really….unless of course it was something that involved riding unicorns through fields of Swedish Fish (even then it would be a close contest).
The whole Sweat Pink team is still riding high from co-hosting our first ever IDEAWorld BlogFest. We can’t believe how many amazing bloggers we had the opportunity to meet, how many amazing speakers and fitness celebrities that inspired us, and how many kick butt workouts we got to try (we are still SO SORE!).
We love all of our amazing sponsors for their generosity – they not only kept us fueled and hydrated during workouts but also made the conference a TON of fun – a HUGE THANK YOU from the bottom of our sweaty little hearts goes out to Dannon Oikos for all of the amazing afternoon yogurt breaks, Lorna Jane for the cute tanks and amazing talk by Lorna Jane Clarkson herself, Subway for keeping us fueled, Merrithew Health & Fitness for the Fit Life Circles and ridiculously fun workout break, Propel for keeping us hydrated, Under Armour for an inspiring talk and heart pumping workout & Reebok for the towels, water bottles, yoga mats and of course, for the gift of yoga (we love you Tara Stiles).
I don’t know if y’all are still reveling in the amazingness of our keynote – but we have one hashtag for you and one hashtag, alone: #girlcrush. Jillian Michaels, you are our hero – fierce, funny, honest, beautiful – and oh so inspirational! Thank you for your story, your advice and being such an inspiration!
Diana Nyad, you are not only one bad ass swimmer (or a swimming champion as your father would say), you are also amazing at accents (holy cow!), playing the trumpet and making us all want to go out and seize the day.
And if that’s not enough, Lynne and Augie - thank you for inspiring us – I don’t think there was a dry eye in the room. Your work with Augie’s Quest to cure ALS and give others a chance at life has deeply inspired us all. We were so touched and amazed by all that you have done – and we encourage everyone to not only DONATE to help cure ALS through Augie’s Quest but also to never stop embracing life…and living each day to the fullest.
Oh gosh and we go on…absoluely GUSHING over the incredible Chalene Johnson. Girl, you know how to work a room (you not only worked us out but made us smile!). For many, it was our first Piyo class (definitely for me!) and we loved every minute of it. Thank you for bringing your energy, love for fitness and positivity to BlogFest!
OMG. OMG. How can we ever say enough about our amazing line-up of speakers and panelists?
- We were lucky enough to have Laura Lynne Klein, Organic Authority give us the download on Meal Prepping and food photography (tents and paper towels for better food photos=mind blown).
- I had the honor of moderating an epic panel on working with brands with the fabulous Whitney English from To Live and Diet in LA, Kelly Olexa, CEO of FitFluential, and Tracy Hollywood from Fleishman Hillard.
- Rita Barry, AKA The Blog Genie put us through design and WordPress bootcamp (in the BEST way).
- Cassie Ho from Blogilates talk to us about the Business of Blogging. She’s not only super smart but also hilarious. I think we all walked away thinking bigger than ever before (thanks again Cassie!). Plus, she loves puppies – which is huge bonus points, imo.
- And of course we got down to business with Ashley K. Long (lawyer), Jessica Mishra (accountant to wellness professionals and a yoga teacher, to boot), and the amazing (and witty!) Katy Widrick who gave us the 411 on media kits, pitching and more!
- And of course thank you, thank you to our ROCKSTAR panel of bloggers who gave us the dish – Bloggers Tell All (so secret we can’t tell you a thing) – thank you Monica from Run, Eat, Repeat, Gina from Fitnessista, and Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers (and moderated by the fantastic and witty Katy Widrick).
And to Stephanie Ring, Endure Yoga for a beautiful start to our conference – yoga style!
And last but certainly not least, a huge thank you to YOU, the bloggers for making our first ever BlogFest so amazing. We are still reeling with excitement over what a great weekend it was…and how amazing all of you are! How did we get so lucky to to have all of you become a part of this community? We are literally pinching ourselves – after meeting so many of you and reconnecting with others – we can’t stop thinking about how great you all are. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been in one room with so many talented, smart, amazing, and fit people – we left with many new friends, inspiration, and love for the entire #SweatPink family.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. EVERYONE. Y’ALL ROCK OUR PINK SOCKS!
BLOGFEST 2015, anyone?