It’s that time of year! Decorations are up, holiday lights twinkle in the streets, and the smell of gingerbread fills our homes. ‘Tis the season for giving, lifting spirits, setting goals for 2014 (oh my!), and scoring on all the best deals.
Celebrate the holiday season and join us for the #HolidayFitList Twitter Party TONIGHT at 5PM PST / 8PM EST for a chat on health and fitness that will get you pumped to stay on track this holiday season. The most active participant will receive a $100 gift card to Lorna Jane… let’s get to tweeting!
Check out what’s on my #HolidayFitList this year – all things health and fitness related for the sweat enthusiast on your holiday check list – comment with your favorite fitness gifts and let’s spread the holiday cheer!
1. Revamp your wardrobe (and your friends) with a new sporty outfit from Lorna Jane! Extremely functional, comfortable, and cute – Lorna Jane can’t be beat. I got a little festive showing off my new outfit while decorating the Christmas tree. Love my outfit? Of course you do! Enter Fit Approach’s Sweepstakes for the chance to win a $250 gift card to Lorna Jane.
2. Race entry! Sign up for a race with a friend this holiday season; it will help you both stay motivated and on track. If you’re looking for some fun holiday themed races, check out the Hot Chocolate 15K, Dirty Girl Mud Run, and the Ugly Sweater Run!
3. Resistance bands for the holiday traveler. A lot of people travel during the holiday season (myself included), but just because you are in a new territory does not mean you get to flake on your fitness! Travel with resistance bands and your running shoes. Workout with friends and family…make it an event, just like gingerbread cookie decorating and wrapping presents. No excuses. Check out Runtastic Fitness Coach, Lunden’s Road Warrior Workout for more traveling workout ideas.
4. Drink Pink Stemless Wine Glass! Nothing says the holidays like a glass of merlot. Make it fancy and #drinkpink with a SweatPink stemless wine glass. Order one for yourself, and one for your best friend!
5. FREE Move Over Sugar Recipe EBook from Lorna Jane. This book has healthy recipes for the sweet tooth, like me! All recipes (breakfast, smoothies, lunch, dinner, and desserts) are sugar-free and ultra tasty. The EBook also comes with awesome tips for healthy eating during the holiday season. My favorite recipe so far is the Raw Berry Cheesecake…I made it over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and I swear it’s better than pumpkin pie! See below for the full recipe, AND download the Free EBook yourself to take a look at all the scrumptious recipes LJ has to offer.
Have a healthy and happy holiday season! Don’t forget to join us for the Twitter Party (tonight, 5PM PST), and the sweepstakes (thru December 13th)! Comment with your favorite health and fitness gifts!
Here’s the full recipe:
1 cup almonds
ó cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup pistachios
1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup dates
1.5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
juice and zest of
1/2 lemon (to taste)
1ó cup soaked cashews (overnight is best or but a few hours is fine)
ó cup orange juice (approx. the juice of 1 large orange)
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/3 cup raw honey (or your choice of natural sweetener)
1 cup raspberries
Handful of raspberries, warmed up and mashed coconut flakes
Strawberries (as many as you like)
Line a 20cm round pan with baking paper. Blend base ingredients in a food processor until well combined and mixture holds together when squeezed. Press mixture into the base of the round pan evenly. Blend filling ingredients on high until mixture is smooth. Pour filling onto base and freeze for 4hrs. Top with coconut flakes, mashed raspberries and strawberries.